Dr. Anita Fofie is an innovative healthcare professional with keen interest in medical affairs and medical communications.
I add value as an MD with a strong background in clinical practice (trained in general surgery/ aesthetic laser surgery ) fellowship trained in anti-aging medicine, transnational medicine research in pulmonology and cardiovascular as a graduate student in a physiology & pharmacology laboratory. I help healthcare startups develop medical affairs teams during the transition from R&D to commercialization.
- 10+ years clinical experience in the in-patient, & out-patient, private and managed care settings
- 3+ years freelance medical writing & editing
- 5+ years medical device clinical educator experience
- 4+ years experience as owner & founder of an aesthetic medicine practice & teaching institute provided the opportunity to develop skills in policy and procedure (P&P) development, writing standard operating procedures (SOP), refining safe & effective treatment protocols, and curriculum development, expertise in marketing and branding strategies, client relationship management
- Key translational research contributions substantiated by 2 first author publications as an MSc student
- 15+ years presenting complex data to diverse audiences incl. several scientific presentations at meetings, surgical journal clubs, morbidity & mortality conferences
I compliment research & clinical acumen with excellent interpersonal communication skills, entrepreneurship, & ability to build rapport with fellow HCPs, KOLs, sales professionals, and research scientists.
My experience gives me a robust platform to think critically, analyze, solve diverse problems within science/medicine. Open to consulting opportunities with pharmaceutical/biotech/medical device companies to help implement and/or grow medical affairs teams.